Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pine Trees

Is it alright if I just lay here awhile?
I seem to have lost all my will.
I don't have any place to be,
or anyone to see,
nothing but time left to kill.
So I'll stay right here.
No dreams of endless possibilities,
no forests just the tree,
and a place all alone.
Alone among many.
Perhaps I can get my mind off of me.
Still if I was a tree,
what tree would I be?
But of course I'd be a pine!
I made that too easy.
I'll keep talking if I can hold you here.
Is it alright if I keep you?
Do you have someplace else to be?
Didn't want to remind you,
but I enjoy the company.
Is it sad to cry alone?
So I'll repress the feelings,
the ones I never lost,
I'd hope they'd wander and go missing,
that the sharpness of it would grow soft.
I wish I knew what you needed.
What worth am I now to anyone,
how might I attract your love?
How desirable is a broken soul,
and promises of what was?
I'll give it all again soon.
So much tender,
awaiting just a spark,
so much pain to burn,
alight my stubborn heart.
I'm only fooling myself.
So I've struggled with my frustrations,
against sleep and thoughts of you,
and now sleep wins again,
at least in my dreams you're true.

No comments: